Monday, April 18, 2011

Classic Skirts

Fashion revives. It constantly comes and goes. Nowadays, 60's, 70's, 80's fashion, and even 20's fashion are seen in a modern fashion. The coolest thing about this is that even if you weren't born in these times, you're able to go back in time by dressing up of the past. 

One of trends that are back in style is skirts. Personally, there used to be a resistant within myself in wearing a skirt. It's not that I was a tom-boy, but whenever I went out, I wore jeans. To tell the truth, I needed some guts to wear skirts because I wasn't brave enough to make my legs appear. But not anymore. I've fallen in love with skirts that are dominating a scene. For so long, I was not taking an advantage of my own gender. Current designs of skirts are so cute that my resistance started to ease off. Now, I own more than several skirts.

Luckily, I can wear skirts without showing my legs; covering up with tights. If you prefer a girlie look, I suggest a flowery skirts. Even if the top is black, floral prints on skirts would spark your appearance. Besides, now that spring is here, flower printed skirts would match the season.

On the other hand, If you want to try a daring look, tulip skirt and high waisted skirt are options. Events like weddings, concerts, and social gatherings are suited for tulip skirts. If you want to dress formally, choose pencil skirts. For the top, wear a blouse with a blazer jacket. And then get your feet into ankle boots.

Another item is flared skirts. They may make you look childish, but they are easy and comfortable to wear. Nonetheless, they play a great role of bottom wear. Even just for chilling outside.


The lead of a fashion oftentimes come from films. My favorite classic movie actress (of all time) who I adore is Audrey Hepburn. In no doubt she was iconic in every sense of her movies as well as a role model of a fashion. Many envied her long legs, slender hips, and a perfect height. Whatever cloths she puts on, the audience, including myself, was mesmerized by it.

In the film "Roman Holiday," Hepburn was dressed up in a full circle skirt with a white blouse tucked in. (Throughout the movie she cleverly converted her original look by adding a scurf, sandals, and even chopping off her hair short.

Like hers was trans-formative, you can changer your look with just a simple touch.) Although my legs aren't like Audrey's, I've discovered a way. If you don't feel comfortable in wearing skirt with bare legs, wear tights. Tights will go along with any type or color of skirts, so there's nothing to be afraid of! Slip into skirts and glitz the style!



No comments:

Post a Comment